Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Wednesday, October 3rd

It rained before I woke up (6:30a). The ground was wet, but drying and the air was so humid that when you move quickly, you sweat.

65 degrees.

8:39am

N: I had to get to work at 9:30am ("early" shift after an event), but I also had to finish all my laundry before work. I managed to do both by running/speed walking to the train, which I caught as it screamed into the station.

But, as I was hustling by the Dunkin' Donuts the block before the train, I looked to see who was yelling. It was a policeman gesturing wildly and shouting at the top of his lungs at a man in a white mini van. Two other cops, a woman and man, stood quietly by the loud cop, as he continued his tired. The man in the van seemed upset, too, and did the stupid thing of continuing to match the cop in volume and tone. A little something I have learned from TV and stories and that one time I got a ticket for riding my bike across the sidewalk is: don't yell at cops. Even though it might feel good for a few seconds and even if they are wrong (which the probably are). It won't get you anywhere.

Unless you wants to be on TV.

7: Train pulled in as we pulled in.

G: No trains in the station. The 9:06am pulled in, commuters disembarked, we boarded and off we went.

No comments: