Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Tuesday, September 18th

Beautiful. Blue sky, some clouds. Last night it got chilly, so today I wore my thin "transitional season" coat. First coat wearing of the Fall! Of course, by the time I got to the station, it was too hot and I discarded it.

68 degrees.

8:45 am.

N: Waited for 10 minutes, which just feels way too long in the morning rush. C'mon, trains. Then, a W teased us by going express. I hate hearing the warning horn toot from far away, you know you've got another 5 minute wait ahead of you. A new N train came soon enough. Boo and I got seats.

7: Waited just a minute for the transfer.

As I was waiting, I saw Vet come bounding towards me, at end of the platform. I haven't seen him for a while. He looked angrier than usual.

When the 7 pulled in, he silently insisted that the six other people waiting at the front doors board before him (so he can have the primo position closest to the doors--as usual).

But, when a polite man tried to insist that Vet get on first, Vet pursed his lips, furrowed his brow and flashed this rage in his eyes. In the matter of one second, Polite Man looked confused, insulted, annoyed, then completely uninterested as he got on the train regardless of Vet. Vet broke a sweat and assumed his position as the doors closed.

Ick. It was creepy being around such intense anger so early in the morning.

Anyway, we got to Court Street and myself, Poite Man and all everybody else from the front car brushed past Vet, as he clamored out of the train. Maybe it's a Vet thing. Maybe it's an OCD thing. Whatever.

G: Doors were open and waiting for us. Finished Chappelle right as we got to Fulton.

No comments: