Friday, September 28, 2007

Tuesday, September 25th

Fall day. Bright, blue, pretty. Clean air. Mid 70s.

8:36am.

N: Came right away.

7: Got on and the first person I saw was a friend, Chris, from improv! He is so sweet and hilarious, it was refreshing to see a kind face on the normally hardened collective face of the morning 7. He works for the MTA, so I shared with him our little secret (that I have a blog about the MTA).

He laughed and asked me for the link, promising that he'd send it around the office. I was like, "Wait... I write a lot about my frustrations on the MTA..." and he leans in and tells me that most of his co-workers are so far removed from the problems they're causing/not helping to uncause, they'll think it's hilarious.

Shit, I can't complain about more readers...

G: No trains were there when I got downstairs... so we waited and waited and waited... and, eventually, one slowly limped into the station, came to a great sigh and shut off. Such a dramatic entrance. Then, manically, the train roared to life, all its doors flew open, someone screamed a garbled announcement and we all instinctively ran onto the train.

A moment later, all the doors bing-bonged shut and we flew out of the station like it was a race.

No comments: